|Listing Id||5124791||Length||16.43 Meter|
|Model||54||Engine Type||Inboard diesel|
|Hull Style||Single||Hull Type||GRP|
PRICE REDUCED AGAIN! Owner must sell. This extraordinary Oyster 54 was originally priced at US$695,000. She is currently in Fiji but will sail to NZ mid October to be sold here. Delivery anywhere in the world can be arranged. Full time captain and crew on board at all time. Religiously maintained and upgraded continuously. Your opportunity to enter the Oyster family at an exceptional price.
OYSTER REACH HIGHLIGHTS
3 cabins version with owner stateroom with ensuite aft, forward guest stateroom with ensuite, and twin bunks cabin midships.
New standing rigging 2020.
Selden In-mast furling mainsail
New mainsail 2020 in excellent condition.
2 Genoas,1 Code Zero. Storm sails.
2 electric primary winches and 1 electric mainsheet winch.
Onan 17.5kw; completely rebuilt in 2018 and serviced annually.
8 new house batteries June 2023.
Just back in the water after 7 months in dry storage. Full antifoul and hull polish.
Skeg hung rudder for strength and safety
Aquadrive shaft, new 2021, with Ambassador AM15 rope cutter.
60l / h Dessalator watermaker. Runs with AC or DC power.
Miele front loader washing machine
Dometic reverse cycle air conditioning with independent private controls in each cabin and saloon.
Avon 11' tender, 15hp Honda 4 stroke, just serviced professionally.
Beautiful interior with solid teak trimmings, and teak and holly cabin sole.
Blue felt upholstery in saloon in very good condition, always kept protected beneath fitted eggshell canvas covers.
Professional skipper and crew on board at all times.
Pre-purchase survey by independent Australian marine surveyor & master shipwright in June 2023 just before going to market. Report available on request.
Oyster Reach is a rare example of the celebrated Oyster 54 built between 2018 and 2013 to further enhance the Oyster 53, with more sail area and a longer waterline for greater performance, as well the improved comfort of an elongated stern and 25% larger cockpit.
Offering the comfort and luxurious appointment of a Superyacht, Oyster Reach is set up to be easily handled by a couple, while also offering a layout to accommodate guests and professional crew while allowing privacy and ease of movement through the boat.
Capable to take you anywhere in the world and ready to go at a moment's notice, Oyster Reach is fully loaded with everything you need to just step aboard, including numerous tools and spares.
After 7 months in dry storage at Vuda Marina in Fiji, the yacht was just re-splashed in early June 2023 after a fresh antifoul and detailed inside and out.
At that time Oyster Reach was also surveyed in and out of the water by an independent marine surveyor appointed by the seller for a fully comprehensive expert inspection, including motor, generator, electrics and full rig check. The report is available on request.
Oyster Reach has a professional crew on board at all time, available to welcome you for a private tour by appointment.
A Word From The Owner:
"Oyster Reach has been our full time home since 2017, and she has been a dependable, supportive and wonderful platform from which to explore the world. Ian and I had professional careers prior to meeting, him an investment banker on Wall Street, me a healthcare executive. We met after we had both taken early retirement, on a race from Florida to Isla Mujeres Mexico. It was love at first sight, and we began doing deliveries together. One thing led to another, and we began our second career in 2002 as professional yacht crew which we did for 15 years. Ten of those years was crewing on Oyster 665s in the Mediterranean and South Pacific, during which we crossed the Atlantic 3 times and the Pacific twice.
It was during our Pacific adventures that we decided to sail to New Zealand and buy a boat there with the intention of wintering in the islands (Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu) and summering in New Zealand. Buying a boat already in the South Pacific was a big draw for us, already in the most beautiful cruising grounds in the world and shorter passages to get to the islands. With that goal in mind, we crewed on the second Oyster World Rally from the Caribbean to New Zealand, first on an Oyster 49, followed by an Oyster 54. Once we got to New Zealand, several of the Oysters were put up for sale and we did not think twice about purchasing one of them. Having worked and sailed on Oysters for 10 years, we knew personally the quality workmanship and phenomenal owner support for the brand.
So in 2017 we closed on Oyster Reach and began to enjoy our second retirement. In 2018 we sailed to Tonga, Samoa, Wallis and Fortuna, Fiji, and back to New Zealand. In 2018 we sailed to Fiji, Vanuatu, and back to New Zealand again. Of course, in 2020 COVID changed the world and we were fortunate to be able to stay in New Zealand until 2022 when we sailed back to Fiji.
Oyster Reach is a dream to sail with two people. Electric winches, furling sails and a powerful electric windlass make deploying sails and anchoring easy and safe. We also love that she likes to get up and go in not much breeze. The interior is easy to take care of and systems are well thought out with stellar support from Oyster After Sales Support. The cockpit is roomy for entertaining as well as the saloon where we have hosted 10 people with the fold-out dining table. The galley has lots of storage space, is designed to be safe at sea, and the full sized refrigerator is a dream. Oyster Reach has helped us build unforgettable and lasting memories which will last a lifetime and we hope she will do the same for you." Cindy Smith. June 2023.
Oysters Yachts need no word of introduction. Veritable Globe Conquerors, these pedigree yachts have reigned over the world of serious Bluewater sailing for the past 50 years with no equals.
Owning an Oyster Yacht is also being part of a family, with a team ready to assist you no matter where you are in the world, an elite post-sale service that is often sadly lacking with other brands.
Please read on for the full description and watch our full video tour to discover this superb ship in details. We also have a series of photos to send you if you wish, and which show the more technical aspects of the vessel.
For a bit of info about Nautilus Yacht Management, we are a boutique-style brokerage devoted to high quality cruising yachts and to the cruising community since our launch in Sydney in 2011.
With several offshore branches from French Polynesia to Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand and Australia to assist cruisers along South Pacific route, we are here to help both sellers and buyers with the logistics involved from registration to insurance, delivery, import, survey, storage and crewing if required. Ex-cruisers ourselves we just strive to help others begin their journey on the ocean.
If like us, Oyster Reach has become an obsession for you, get in touch! Our team can organize a private video viewing, discuss the purchase process with you as well as have all the time in the world to answer your questions, assist with organising your visit, purchase, delivery home if needed, insurance, berthing, crewing, etc.
ACCOMODATION & LAYOUT:
- Six berths in three cabins, excluding the saloon.
- All six berths are sea berths with Dacron lee screens fitted with lanyards to through-bolted eyes.
- Features include sculpted fiddles and grab rails, ‘shadow-gap’ joints between panels and Oyster custom knobs for lockers and drawers.
- Solid shaped timber and stainless steel grab handles.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Carpet fitted to aft cabin sole boards.
- Two head compartments each fitted out with a moulded white washbasin set under a Avonite surface.
- Quality Hansgrohe mixer taps and shower controls, with matching heated towel rail, toothbrush tumbler, soap dispenser, and toilet roll holder.
- Headlining in off-white vinyl.
- Removable foam-backed mast cover in headlining vinyl.
- Padded saloon table cover in headlining vinyl.
- Oceanair Skyscreens to all deck hatches, with both screen and black-out shade.
- Oceanair Skyscreen blinds fitted to saloon windows.
- Three Hella fans
FORWARD DOUBLE CABIN:
- Spacious double cabin in the bow with centreline double berth, plus stowage beneath.
- Fiddled joinery shelf incorporating hinged lift-up lid stowage bins, both port and starboard.
- Large hanging locker.
- Access to deck via overhead fore hatch.
SHARED FORWARD GUEST HEAD/SHOWER AND DAY HEAD:
- Situated to port this large head compartment is shared by the two forward cabins and accessed from the passageway, incorporating an electric Jabsco fresh water/seawater flush toilet, washbasin, and shower area with curtain.
- Vanity locker and mirror
STARBOARD FORWARD TWIN CABIN:
- Aft of the forecabin to starboard is a twin cabin with upper and lower berths.
- Hanging locker forward, and an additional locker with two shelves aft.
- Deck hatch and opening hullport
- Access to the saloon from the companionway is via a set of timber and stainless steel steps fitted with stainless steel handrails.
- The deck saloon is extremely light and airy, with seven windows, of which two of the three forward ones open. There are also two opening hull ports.
- Featuring an L-shaped settee area and table to starboard, outboard a large locker, which is fitted to securely stow glasses. Settee to port. All settees are blue suede protected by fitted off-white covers easy to remove.
- The saloon table is a veneered panel with solid timber edging, mounted on a very substantial pedestal base, incorporating a locker which houses the washing machine.
- Grab rail incorporated on its inboard edge.
- The table has a matching fold-over leaf, which opens onto a removable strut to allow both sides of the saloon to be used for seating while dining, can accommodate 16 people.A locking device ensures the tabletop does not open in heavy weather.
- Stainless steel book rack within the starboard hullport recess.
NAVIGATION/CHART TABLE AREA:
- Situated at the aft starboard end of the saloon, the forward facing chart table is customised around the electronics and navigational equipment, which is strategically sited and flush-mounted in a fabric covered fascia.
- The chart table has a hinged lid with stainless steel stay, and storage beneath.
- Book rack for navigational/pilot books and almanacs.
- AC and DC electrical panel located aft of the navigator’s bench seat. Beneath and behind this seat are fuses and access to electrical breakers.
- Access door into engine compartment.
- Configured as a king berth with split mattress and mattress topper with 4-inch foam, covered with bamboo material for breathability. Lee cloths fitted.
- Large drawer beneath berth and further top access lockers on port side.
- Starboard settee with stowage under.
- Plentiful stowage lockers and drawers.
- Hanging locker to port, writing desk with storage drawer to starboard.
- Bevelled mirror.
- Carpeted sole.
- Starboard en suite head/shower area, incorporating a Dometic electric flush toilet, washbasin, and separate shower stall with hinged door.
- Plentiful storage.
- Rubbish bin fitted inside locker adjacent to the twin stainless steel sinks.
- Stainless steel spice rack behind cooker
- Charcoal filter system for drinking water
- COOKER/HOB: Gimballed Force 10 stainless steel cooker with 4-burners, grill and oven, protected by a flame failure gas cut-off device.The cooker incorporates an electronic ignition system for all functions. Heavy gauge fiddle rail fitted around top of cooker with pair of adjustable clamping pan-holders. Harbour lock and cooker crash bar fitted. For additional safety an electric gas solenoid valve controls the gas flow from the bottle and is operated remotely by a neon switch located near the cooker.
- MICROWAVE/GRILL: Panasonic 900W stainless steel combined microwave oven/grill.
- REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER: Frigomatic 24V (keel-cooled) front-opening stainless steel refrigerator. Frigomatic K50 (keel-cooled) top-opening freezer box. Cooling plate new 2018
- CROCKERY: Oyster customised Wedgwood bone china crockery.
- CUTLERY: Oyster customised Robert Welch stainless steel cutlery.
- 2 Jabsco Quiet Flush electric toilets, both fresh water, one with the option to switch to saltwater.
- Hot Water: From an insulated approximately 73 litres (16 Imp gallons/19 US gallons) tank heated by the engine’s heat exchanger, or by thermostatically-controlled 220V, 1.25kW immersion heater element powered by the generator or dockside power. Hot water heater element replaced 2020.
A thermostatic safety blender valve is fitted.
- Grey Water: Showers and washbasins discharge into two sump tanks, one forward and one aft, which then evacuate via a dedicated electric Whale ‘Gulper’ pump directly overboard.
The galley sink also empties via an electric Whale ‘Gulper’ pump.
These pumps are each operated by waterproof rocker switches.
- Black Water: Two plastic (Polypropylene) toilet holding tanks installed for each head and plumbed for gravity discharge, with additional ability to pump out from deck.
Dometic reverse cycle air conditioning and heat with independent private controls
Miele washing machine with easy access under saloon table.
Desalator Watermaker with both 24v and 230v motors. New bearing in pumps 2021.
- Assorted tools, spares and manuals.
- CQR anchor with 100m of galvanized steel chain
- Stainless steel strip to sacrificial teak block for anchor chain to ride on
- Recessed locker within the foredeck for anchor chain stowage
- Anchor locker is large enough to accommodate several jerry jugs
- Lewmar electric V4 windlass operated by foot switch controls, new in 2020
- 1.4hp (24V) Max Power CT165 tunnel bow thruster, new start battery 2019
- 24V electric bilge pump with automatic air operated level switch (rated at 3,000 litres per hour)
- Double action heavy-duty manual bilge pump (rated at 135 litres per minute) operated from within the cockpit
- Large fold down companionway sprayhood in Sunbrella with leather covered stainless steel grab rail. The hood incorporates see-through eisenglass panels, with middle panel able to be opened for flow-through ventilation.
- Sunbrella sprayhood and bimini new 2020; sunshades and complete eisenglass enclosure new in 2018.
- Teak-laid, self-draining cockpit
- Custom stainless steel grab rail, and drinks holder to front of steering pedestal
- Custom twin stainless steel drinks holders at companionway
- Engine instrument panel fitted into recess in the cockpit coaming with a protective acrylic cover
- Instrument repeaters installed on dark acrylic panel mounted in GRP console integral to the companionway
- Varnished teak cockpit table with stainless steel frame, folding leaves, and top-opening fridge.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit
- Stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Additional pair of stainless steel mooring cleats mounted on chafe plates to transom bulwark.
- Stainless steel cockpit cleats.
- Stainless steel grab rails on deck saloon top
- GRP dorade boxes
- Stainless steel guard rails over dorade boxes
- Large full-width lazarette locker with twin stainless steel gas struts fitted to lid
- Stern quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel
- Stern post for navigation/cmmunications antenna
- Gas locker for two bottles
- Ensign staff socket on port davit
DECK CONSTRUCTION & FINISH:
- Moulded in GRP with balsa core.
- Oyster deck saloon profile with “eyebrow” design window styling.
- Teak laid decks, with GRP low profile ‘rolled edge’ bulwark.
- Pair of gateway stanchions and side-gates for boarding
- Gate to pushpit
- Stainless steel bathing/boarding ladder on transom
- Carbon fibre passerelle
- Passerelle socket on swim platform
- Aft deck shower with hot and cold water
- Electric dinghy davits
- Reckmann electric headsail and mainsail furling
- Saltwater deck wash pump
- Spinnaker pole stowed vertically on mast
- Sugar scoop’ stern design with bathing platform and fold down stainless steel bathing/boarding ladder
- Whitlock cable steering system
- Winches, all Lewmar self tailing and serviced biannually:
2 x 65 two speed, electric primary winches, accessible without leaving cockpit
2 x 48 two speed, secondary winches accessible without leaving cockpit.
1 x 48 two speed, electric mainsheet winch in cockpit
2 x 50 two speed, on mast.
2 x 16 single speed, mainsheet traveller control line winches.
- 24v and 240v throughout controlled by Mastervolt inverter/charger; 12V DC outlet at navigation area.
- BATTERY MANAGEMENT: Mastervolt (220V) MASS 24/75 battery charger, including temperature sensorAdditional Mastervolt charger for bow thruster batteries
- Mastervolt Alpha Pro regulator
- INVERTER: Mastervolt (220V) MASS 24V/2500W sine inverter.
- SHORE POWER: 30A dockside power cable, 3-core double insulated PVC, 18m (60’) in length. Dockside end of cable fitted with 3-pin, 32A plug. Hubbell socket in coaming.
- 8 new house batteries (AGM), new June 2023
- Independent Generator, main engine start batteries and bow thruster batteries
- Raymarine E series throughout
- 2 chartplotters in cockpit and 1 below at navigation desk
- Autopilot ST6002 Smart Pilot
- AIS250 AIS receiver
- Raymarine VHF, depth, speed log, wind speed and direction,
- Icom SSB
ENGINE & PROPULSION:
- Yanmar 4JH4-THE, 4-cylinder 110hp diesel engine, serviced annually
- Engine hours approximately 5,200 June 2023
- Aquadrive shaft replaced 2021
- Engine room has all-around access via doors in the navigation area, galley, and aft cabin head. All access doors fitted with rubber sealing strips to minimise noise and secured by positive catches. Insulated with a composite of foam and high-density polymer sound absorbing material. 24V lighting and 24V extractor fan installed, switched at the DC electrical panel.
- PROPELLER: 3-bladed Maxprop folding propeller, anodes replaced annually.
- ROPE CUTTER: Ambassador AM15 rope cutter on shaft
- Onan 17.5kw; completely rebuilt in 2018 and serviced annually
- Generator battery replaced 2021
- Oyster custom drop-down washboard system for main companionway
- Lewmar alloy-framed deck hatches
- Gebo alloy-framed coaming portlights
- Gebo opening hullports
- Additional Lewmar opening portlight from galley to cockpit
MAST & RIGGING:
- Cutter rig with Seldén in mast furling.
- Seldén spars - silver-anodised aluminium finish to mast and boom
- Standing rigging replaced 2020
- Solid rod kicker/vang.Integral hydraulic backstay tensioner
- Moveable stay for storm sail
- Iridium Go installed with external antenna
- 3 EPRIBs
- Stern rail-mounted Dan Buoy and Jon Buoy
- (SOS lifejackets
- Manual and high-capacity (2000GPH) electric bilge pumps
- Fire extinguishers in each cabin; automatic fire extinguisher in engine room, fire blanket in galley
- Ocean Safety 8-person life raft, stored in aft deck locker, next service due March 2027
- RUDDER: Fully protected skeg-hung rudder.
HULL: antifouled April 2022 included Propspeed to propeller. Boat kept in dry storage from October 22 to June 23 and only just re-launched.
- New Caliber mainsail 2020.
- 2 Dolphin genoa 150’s
- 1 Code Zero on top-down furler
- Storm sail
DEFICIENCIES: Moisture damage to the veneer in some areas, due to long exposure to tropical air. For most already present when the current owners purchased Oyster Reach in 2017. No leaks. Dry and pleasant interior.
Teak deck has cosmetic caulking stripes which have worn off in some areas.
Disclaimer: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.